Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Justin Trudeau - A New Beginning for Canadians


L

  

Congratulations Justin Trudeau ! 

A new beginning and a fresh start for hard working families across Canada.  When it comes to politics, everyone will have their differences.

I am a Liberal supporter. 

We are statistically between the age group between 20 - 40, who are educated hard working individuals struggling to get ahead.  It's not like we don't have good jobs. 

We do!

Our generation finally has the chance to make a difference with our new Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.  He understands Canada, the economy and its so good to hear someone is finally listening to the people of Canada.

Everywhere I have lived, my vote has never really counted.  I've always been out voted by the conservatives by thousands of votes.  But this time, THIS TIME, it actually mattered!  The riding I voted in, the Conservatives (PC) still won over the liberals. 

But it was so close.

This is the closest I have ever seen in my entire voting life time. A difference of only hundreds of votes.  Heck, even the liberals won one of the ridings in the Okanagan. Very surprising!  Times are changing; people are changing. 

This may be hard to believe, but change is actually a good thing. 

I have seen many negative posts towards the Liberals.  Specifically Prime Minister Trudeau.  Is this how you show your respect?  Aren't we Canadians?  No matter what your political beliefs are, Justin Trudeau is our Prime Minister ! Give him a chance and, like your mom has always told you, " Be polite, show courtesy, respect others and, if you can't be nice, don't saying anything at all. This is what makes Canadians different from the rest of the world."

Well, except the fact we use,"Eh?" A lot. 

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is a kind man, a family man and good looking man for that matter.  According to comedian, Conan O'Brien he's a "Heart Throb".  Kidding aside, our new Prime Minister is for the Canadians.

He really does cares about his fellow Canadians. 



Canadians who make over $200,000, are grumbling, because of certain tax changes.  Basically, families who make higher paying jobs aren't happy.  But if you look at it, they have had it good, really good, for the last ten years. 

FOR EXAMPLE: 

With the PC government, Oil field workers were able to go out and work while their significant other can stay at home and have the privilege of raising and taking care of their children. 

Yes, I'm sure it's stressful, hard work and extremely tiring. 

They also get well paid!  It's double for the AVERAGE  income, for the rest of Canadians.  It's well enough for their significant other to be able to stay at home to care for their family. 

I wish my healthcare job would support my significant other, to be able to stay home and care for our child.  But that's not reality.  We both must work to make ends-meat.  If  you don't have a RIG type job, both family members must work.  Both have to work really hard to pay for bills, food, housing etc. 

My daughter's father and I work opposite shifts because daycare isn't affordable, so that is not an option for us. We, are also like families with one parent working away from home, we never see each other. 

We both work in the medical field. 

We, too, work extremely hard.  You think working in the medical field is like a walk in the park, or stopping to smell the roses? It's not what so ever. We are both tired from working more than full time, double shifts and late nights. 

So, believe me when I say this, I do know what tired is!

Just to be able to afford our small house (with only one bathroom, I must add) is a challenge. Our frugal shopping with "no name" food products with meat items at half price,(simply because they're outdated) is the only way we can make a go of it. 

Meat is so expensive! 

Don't get me wrong, but I do love our house and no name food isn't all that bad, but the clearance rack is a lifesaver.  I can't afford to get my nails or hair done. 

I haven't gone for a hair cut for almost a year because that to, is getting to be too expensive!

My rescue dog's hair cut is over my own and I actually cut my significant others hair. 

How many women can honestly say, they get their hair, nails and a day out at the spa on a yearly basis? 



I can't.  Actually, I never had the luxury of a nice spa day.  You know the kind I'm talking about.  Just once, it would be glorious if I could afford to spend a day at Sparkling Hills Resort in Vernon, B.C. , one of the most luxurious health wellness resorts in the Okanagan.

OK. I'll stop dreaming.



But I sure would like to one day.  

I don't have a quad or snow mobile, can't afford to ski or snow board. It would sure be nice to learn that luxury. For crying out loud, my Dad was practically born skiing on Silver Star Mountain.  Those days, when my grandmother could actually afford a day pass at Silver Star. 

Today, however, the prices are ridiculous !  

Even my dad can't afford to ski anymore. It's a rich-mans sport.  So unfortunate.

One of my dreams is to have a huge yard, garden and some chickens. The time to enjoy life shouldn't be just a dream.  Everyone in Canada should rightfully own property and be self-sufficient.  To have the option to grow your own food, not only is cost effective, but good for the environment and your health. 

I don't need a huge house.  But again, this too, is also not doable for us at this time, either.  

We don't buy brand name clothing and most of our daughters clothes are second hand.  Shopping at Value Village and thrift stores is a common occurrence, simply because a typical Canadian can't afford to buy BRAND NEW anymore. 

A lot of our things are "hand me downs". 

If you were to walk through my house, you would immediately see  90% of our stuff is second hand.  

Not that I'm complaining about buying second hand. 

It actually makes sense to me to buy second hand, and to be honest I love it. You can actually find a lot of really neat things when you buy from a second hand shop. My daughter is happy. That's all that truly matters.

What really bothers me, are all these people, who've had it good the last 10 years, complain.  They complain that we are taking their tax money for all the "poor", "uneducated", "pot head", "fry making", "coffee serving", "welfare bum" Canadians out there. 

Yes I have seen all those comments floating around. 

Actually no, that is not what is happening. 

All us "middle" and "lower" class Canadians have struggled the last 10 years.  We are NOT poor, uneducated, pot smoking welfare bums some of these extreme conservatives believe. 

We are families where both parents have to work, or single parents have to work extra hard to live. We just want a tax break. Single parents deserve even more of a tax break. 

If you are making $200,000 plus a year, you definitely are not considered "middle" or "higher middle" class, and I'm sorry, but you do not deserve a child tax credit.  You should have to pay more taxes than the average "middle" and "lower" class Canadians. 

The more you make the more you get taxed.  

Just like a car. The more expensive the car, the more tax you have to pay. Bigger the house, more taxes you have to pay.  The more you make, the more taxes you have to pay. 

It only make sense. 

The liberals are not stealing your hard working spouses money. They are simply making it easier for the other 80% of Canada's population to live, the way you have for the last 10 years. 

I'm truly excited to see what the next 4 years holds for us Canadians. 
Congratulations Prime Minister Trudeau ! I know you will serve us Canadians well. 

NOTE :  My daughter wrote this article - I so agree with her views and I'm very sure a large percentage of Canadians feel the same way. Otherwise we wouldn't have a new Prime Minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Span will automatically be erased.